NFL News & Rumors: Sunday 5/29
- Broncos expect third-round pick RB Ronnie Hillman to be their primary change-of-pace back. (Denver Post)
- Brock Osweiler was working as the Broncos’ No. 2 quarterback on Saturday. (Denver Post)
- Buccaneers sign former Chargers LB Nate Triplett.
- Buccaneers waive LB Thomas Williams.
- Colts new OC Bruce Arians mentioned that he believes QB Andrew Luck can be “scary good” in his offense. (Anderson Herald Bulletin)
- The Colts moved Jeff Linkenbach from tackle to guard. (George Bremer)
- Dolphins RB Daniel Thomas is currently the favorite to be the team’s No. 2 back behind Reggie Bush. (Miami Herald)
- Eagles head coach Andy Reid mentioned that they have no places to sign a veteran receiver following Riley Cooper’s injury. (PhiladelphiaEagles.com)
- The Jaguars have DE Austen Lane is currently working as their starting left end. (Jaguars.com)
- Lions second-round pick WR Ryan Broyles has been medically cleared to participate in practice.
- Packers CB Sam Shields has gotten off to a “wretched start” at training camp. (Bob McGinn)
- Packers second-round pick CB Casey Hayward is working as the team’s dime back and has been outstanding thus far. (Green Bay Press-Gazette)
- The Panthers had DeAngelo Williams open as the first-team running back.
- Patriots are using Julian Edelman strictly as wide receiver this offseason. (ESPN Boston)
- Patriots RB Brandon Bolden has reportedly looked more explosive than Shane Vereen thus far. (ESPN Boston)
- Raiders sign fifth-round pick WR Juron Criner to a four-year contract.
- Ravens second-round pick Kelechi Osemele will have a shot to secure the team’s starting right tackle job. (Baltimore Sun)
- Ravens LT Bryant McKinnie explained that the reason that he missed the start of training camp was because he suffered a lower back injury at his home last week. (Carroll County Times)
- Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll mentioned that they released WR Mike Williams because he “had probably topped out what he was going to do for us.” (Seattle Times)
- The Titans are currently splitting snaps between Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker. (Associated Press)
- Vikings OC Bill Musgrave mentioned that that he expects TE Kyle Rudolph to play a major role in their offense. (Vikings.com)
- Vikings first-round pick FS Harrison Smith has been working with the second team defense. (Minneapolis Star-Tribune)
- Vikings special teams coach Mike Priefer confirmed that Percy Harvin is the team’s primary kick returner. (Minneapolis Star-Tribune)
Tags Andrew Luck Austen Lane Brandon Bolden Brock Osweiler Bryant McKinnie Casey Hayward Daniel Thomas DeAngelo Williams Harrison Smith Jake Locker Jeff Linkenbach Julian Edelman Juron Criner Kelechi Osemele Kyle Rudolph Matt Hasselbeck Mike Williams Nate Triplett Percy Harvin Reggie Bush Riley Cooper Ronnie Hillman Ryan Broyles Sam Shields Shane Vereen Thomas Williams