NFL News & Rumors: Texans, Champ Bailey, Moss, Eagles
- The Houston Texans will have to wait until Sunday to know whether or not they will have Andre Johnson and Jacoby Jones for Sundays game against the New York Giants. Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said that “They’ll both be game-time decisions.“
- Some surprising news from Denver has come out surrounding the contract negotiations between the Broncos and Champ Bailey. Earlier in the week the Denver Post reported that the two parties began talks on a long-term contract extension but Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver reported this afternoon that the Broncos have decided to end talks until the offseason. “I am disappointed because I want to be here,” Bailey explained to Mike Klis of the Denver Post. “We know that, they know that. What’s the issue here, really?” Bailey will be a free agent after this year. At 32, Bailey may try to secure the same type of extension that the Green Bay Packers gave to Charles Woodson earlier in the year.
- Randy Moss and the Minnesota Vikings came to agreement that the team would not to franchise Moss following this season which will allow Moss to leave during free agency if he elects to do so. Jason La Canfora tweeted that Moss would not have reported to the Vikings if they planned on franchising him.
- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen tweeted today that the Philadelphia Eagles were without Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, Assante Samuel and Riley Cooper for the teams practice. Not looking good for their match up against the 49ers this weekend.
- ESPN NFC West blogger Mike Sando discussed Julius Jones’s options now that he has been released by the Seattle Seahawks. Sando specifically mentioned the St Louis Rams as a likely match because of their lack of depth at running back. Other teams such as the Raiders, Redskins, Buccaneers and Eagles could all have interest in Jones because of the same reason.
Tags Assante Samuel Champ Bailey Gary Kubiak Jacoby Jones Julius Jones LeSean McCoy Michael Vick Randy Moss Riley Cooper