NFL News & Rumors: Thursday 8/1
- HC Marc Trestman has been impressed by QB Jay Cutler‘s ability to digest the new offensive system. (ESPN Chicago)
- Kyle Cook is in the lead for the Bengals’ starting center job. (Bengals.com)
- Bengals claimed undrafted free agent OT Jason Weaver off waivers from the Buccaneers. (Adam Caplan)
- The Cowboys are reportedly exploring the idea of signing free agent G Brian Waters. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys signed G Jeff Olson and OT James Nelson. (Nick Eatman)
- Cowboy cut CB Devin Smith and DE Cameron Sheffield. (Nick Eatman)
- QB Nick Foles “hasn’t looked the same” during the Eagles padded practices. (NJ.com)
- Rookie QB Matt Barkley has been working exclusively with the third and fourth teams. (NJ.com)
- The Eagles made the decision to fine and educate WR Riley Cooper for his racial slur. (Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News)
- The NFL has no plays to take further action against WR Riley Cooper. (Adam Schefter)
- Several Eagle players mentioned that they cannot get over Riley Cooper’s racial slur and suggested that there’s a divided locker room. (Jeff McLane)
- Eagles waived WR B.J. Cunningham with an injury settlement. (Eagles Insider)
- OC Jim Caldwell mentioned that TE Ed Dickson will be a “big part of what we do.“
- HC Pete Carroll told reporters that WR Percy Harvin‘s surgery “went very well” and they’re hopeful he will play this season. (Curtis Crabtree)
- WR Golden Tate is expected to have a bigger role in the Seahawks’ offseason no that Percy Harvin will at least a portion of the season.
- Seahawks claim Perez Ashford off waivers from the Patriots.
- Seahawks waived/injured Greg Herd.
- Rookie RB Le’Veon Bell has been “the real deal” during training camp and the Steelers may have a difficult time keeping him out of the starting lineup. (Mark Kaboly)
- TE Heath Miller most “likely” won’t come off active/PUP for “at least” a few more weeks. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
- Steelers claimed CB Buddy Jackson off waivers from the Chiefs.
- Rookie CB Xavier Rhodes has been the Vikings “defensive standout” during training camp so far. (Vikings.com)
- LB Desmond Bishop has shown “no visible signs” of any lingering effects regarding the torn hamstring he sustained last season. (Minneapolis Star-Tribune)
- Rookie WR Cordarrelle Patterson has spent the majority of training camp with the second team offense. (Minneapolis Star-Tribune)
- G/T DeMarcus Love has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL’s PED policy. (Ian Rapoport )
Tags Andre Brown Austin Collie B.J. Coleman B.J. Cunningham Bjoern Werner Brian Cushing Brian Waters Buddy Jackson Cameron Sheffield Colin McCarthy Cordarrelle Patterson Daryn Colledge David Wilson Delanie Walker DeMarcus Love Desmond Bishop Devin Smith Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Donald Stephenson Ed Dickson Erik Walden Fred Davis Fred Jackson Garry Williams Geoff Hangartner Golden Tate Greg Herd Heath Miller James Nelson Jared Cook Jason Weaver Jay Cutler Jeff Olson Jermichael Finley Jonathan Baldwin Jordan Gross Julian Edelman Kamaal McIlwain Keith Rivers Kyle Cook Laurent Robinson Lavasier Tuinei Le'Veon Bell Mark Herzlich Matt Barkley Mike Tepper Nick Foles Patrick Willis Percy Harvin Perez Ashford Ricardo Silva Riley Cooper Robert Griffin III Roy helu Scott Lutrus Shane Vereen Spencer Nealy Spencer paysinger Thomas Austin Travelle Wharton Victor Cruz Vincent Jackson Xavier Rhodes