Home / Bears / NFL News & Rumors: Wednesday 5/16
NFL News & Rumors: Wednesday 5/16
- Bears will reportedly move OL Chris Williams back to OT and give him an opportunity to beat out J’Marcus Webb. (Michael C. Wright)
- Bengals have been using third-round pick Brandon Thompson at NT behind Domata Peko. (Bengals.com)
- Bengals second-round pick Devon Still is being used as a 3-technique DE behind Geno Atkins. (Bengals.com)
- Broncos K Matt Prater is sitting out offseason workouts despite receiving the team’s franchise tag. (Mike Klis)
- Cardinals sign draft picks QB Ryan Lindley, S Justin Bethel, and G Senio Kelemete to four-year contracts.
- Cardinals sign former Patriots DL Landon Cohen.
- Chiefs sign fifth-round pick CB De’Quan Menzie to a four-year contract.
- Chiefs sign TE Martin Rucker, LB Leon Williams, DB Dominique Ellis, and OL Rich Ranglin.
- Chiefs sign second-round pick G Jeff Allen to a four-year contract. (Howard Balzer)
- Colts sign draft picks DT Josh Chapman, RB Vick Ballard and WR LaVon Brazill (Aaron Wilson)
- Colts RB Delone Carter is recovering from offseason thumb surgery. (Mike Chappell)
- Colts rookie QB Chandler Harnish is out for 2-3 weeks with a “knee issue.” (Mike Chappell)
- Cowboys G Mackenzy Bernadeau reportedly underwent surgery this last weekend to repair a tear in his right hip. (Todd Archer)
- Free agent FB Ovie Mughelli will visit with the Dolphins on Thursday.
- Falcons sign third-round pick OT Lamar Holmes to a four-year contract.
- The Jaguars have been using Justin Blackmon as a possession receiver during OTAs. (Tania Ganguli)
- Jaguars WR Taylor Price suffered a stress fracture in his left foot that will require surgery and had a pin to be inserted. (Florida Times Union)
- Jets have been using Vladimir Ducasse exclusively as a right tackle during offseason workouts. (Jenny Vrentask)
- Raiders sign FB Owen Schmitt to a one-year contract. (Brian McIntyre)
- Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey will plead not guilty in his DUI case. (Jerry McDonald)
- Raiders MLB Rolando McClain has been absent from OTAs because of his assault case. (Jerry McDonald)
- Patriots seventh-round pick CB Alfonzo Dennard waived his right to a preliminary hearing for reportedly assaulting of a police officer. (Boston Herald)
- Rams claim OL Jose Valdez off waivers from the Vikings. (Howard Balzer)
- Ravens release undrafted rookie FB Chad Diehl. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Steelers have informed former RT Willie Colon that he’ll be moving to left guard. (Mike Prisuta)
- Texans Special teams coordinator Joe Marciano mentioned that undrafted rookie Davin Meggett could be a “sleeper” for kick returning job this season. (HoustonTexans.com)
- Titans K Rob Bironas is hoping to play into his 40s. (Jim Wyatt)
- Forth-round pick DT Mike Martin signs four-year deal worth $2.72 million (Jim Wyatt)
Tags Alfonzo Dennard Brandon Thompson Chad Diehl Chandler Harnish Chris Williams Darrius Heyward-Bey Davin Meggett De'Quan Menzie Delone Carter Devon Still Domata Peko Dominique Ellis Geno Atkins J'Marcus Webb Jeff Allen Jose Valdez Josh Chapman Justin Bethel Justin Blackmon Lamar Holmes Landon Cohen LaVon Brazill Leon Williams Mackenzy Bernadeau Martin Rucker Matt Prater Mike Martin Ovie Mughelli Owen Schmitt Rich Ranglin Rob Bironas Rolando McClain Ryan Lindley Senio Kelemete Taylor Price Vick Ballard Vladimir Ducasse willie colon