- Browns HC Mike Pettine told reporters that they have to plan as though Johnny Manziel will be their starting quarterback in Week 2. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Browns QB Josh McCown woke up feeling good this morning and is in the NFL’s concussion protocol.
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett confirmed that WR Dez Bryant‘s surgery is tomorrow, and they anticipate he’ll be out 4-6 weeks. (Desmond Purnell)
- Garrett added: “We do anticipate a full recovery when it’s fixed.” (Mike Garafolo)
- Regarding rookie DE Randy Gregory, Garrett said it’s looking like a four-week absence, due to a high-ankle sprain. (Todd Archer)
Eagles & Rams
The Eagles can still get the Rams 2016 fourth-round pick as part of the trade that involved Bradford heading to Philadelphia for Nick Foles.
However, this will come down to the percentage of snaps Bradford plays in 2015. If he does not play at least 50 percent of the Eagles’ plays this season, Philadelphia will get the Rams’ 2016 fourth-round selection.
The Rams own the Eagles 2016 second-round pick no matter what happens with either quarterback.
- Aaron Wilson reports that OT Jake Rodgers is trying out for the Saints on Tuesday.
Texans HC Bill O’Brien told reporters on Monday that he won’t make an official announcement regarding the team’s starting quarterback this week.
“I’m not going to make a big quarterback announcement today,” O’Brien said Monday, via the Houston Chronicle. “You’ll have to wait for the first play of the Carolina game to see.”
- O’Brien mentioned that he does not expect to have G Xavier Su’a-Filo back in time for Week 2’s game against the Panthers. (Aaron Wilson)