Browns HC Mike Pettine said that he’s has meetings with team owner Jimmy Haslem, but has yet to discuss his future with the team.
“We have our meetings,” said Pettine. “We meet on the field during the week. We also meet usually on Mondays. I have a meeting scheduled with him later (Monday). It’s our standard scheduled meeting.
“As far as specifically addressing the job, I just think it hasn’t been the time or the place at any of those to discuss it. As a coach, you have to have very short-term focus and it’s always been on the opponent for that week. This week, we’re full speed ahead on the Steelers.”
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that Haslam has not made up his mind yet regarding the fate of either Pettine or GM Ray Farmer.
- Sources tell Cabot that all four of his options are still on the table: keeping Pettine and Farmer, firing both, or keeping one or the other.
Cowboys QB Tony Romo said he may have a plate inserted to strengthen his broken left collarbone.
“If we have to put a plate in there, something small, we’ll do that,” Romo said, via the Dallas Morning News. “That should ensure that that doesn’t happen, or the percentage of that goes way, way down.”
- However, former NFL physician David Chao mentions that he doubts Romo has surgery unless healing ends up being a problem for him.
- Chao adds that a plate strengthens the clavicle early on in the process, but ends up being a source of weakness (stress) later on.
- The Philadelphia Eagles signed RB Kevin Monangai to their practice squad.
- Paul Kuharsky reports that Titans GM Ruston Webster’s contract will expire after the season is out.
- Even so, Webster said that he expects to be part of the process to hire a new head coach next year.