Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Bengals, Bills, Colts, Eagles, & Texans
NFL Notes: Bengals, Bills, Colts, Eagles, & Texans
- Jason Cole reports that the best case scenario for Bengals QB Andy Dalton is that he’s ready to return in time for the playoffs from his non-displaced, fractured thumb.
- Cole added that a “major issue” for Dalton in returning is being able to grip the ball, which at this point in time is not possible.
- Cole pointed out Week 16 will be pivotal as the Bengals play the Broncos in a game that may have playoff seeding implications and a first-round bye may allow Dalton enough time to return.
- Jason Cole reports that the Colts are hopeful that QB Andrew Luck will begin practicing again this week, especially after Matt Hasselbeck was knocked from the game on Sunday, on two separate occasions.
- Cole pointed out that the Colts and Texans may be playing this week for the division title with Charlie Whitehurst and T.J. Yates quarterbacking their respective teams.
- Eagles HC Chip Kelly, when asked if he wants QB Sam Bradford long-term, he had this to say: “We’ve always wanted that. We wouldn’t have traded for him if we thought that he’d only be here for a year.” (Albert Breer)
- Adam Caplan reports that Texans QB Brian Hoyer suffered not only his second concussion of the season, but also suffered a neck strain in Sunday night’s game against the Patriots.
Tags andy dalton Brian Hoyer charles clay Karlos Williams Nigel Bradham Sam Bradford Stephon Gilmore