- NFLPA president DeMaurice Smith told agents on Friday that the 2015 cap “will be no less than $143 million.” (Tom Pelissero)
- Mike Silver reports that Georgia RB Todd Gurley refused to let combine doctors examine his surgically repaired knee on Thursday.
- Silver adds that this is “highly unusual, if not unprecedented, for a player not to allow doctors to examine him at combine.”
- It’s likely that Gurley will be asked to return closer to the draft for a medical “recheck” and will be examined at that time.
- According to Silver, coaches and personnel people are still “overwhelmingly high” on Gurley as a person and a player.
- Tony Pauline reports that doctors during the medical portion of the Combine “pulled and twisted” Rutgers TE Tyler Kroft’s ankle to test the integrity of the joint, and they stretched it a bit to much.
- Pauline expects Ohio State WR Devin Smith to get comparisons to Ravens WR Torrey Smith if he runs as well as expected.
- Tony Pauline reports that the “overriding belief” around the league is DT Ahtyba Rubin has done all he can with the Browns and it’s now time to move.
- Pauline reports that there is a $6.5 million annually salary being mentioned at the Combine for Browns free agent CB Buster Skrine.
- Tony Pauline reports that the early numbers being discussed for Seahawks free agent CB Byron Maxwell is $10 million per year.
“If you look at our offense, we’d like to bolster the quarterback position, and one way to do that is by bringing back Ryan,” O’Brien said, via the Houston Chronicle. “We’d like to have him back in Houston.”