Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Broncos, Browns, Cardinals, Panthers, & Patriots
NFL Notes: Broncos, Browns, Cardinals, Panthers, & Patriots
- Ian Rapoport reports Broncos S Darian Stewart suffered a slight MCL sprain in Sunday’s game, but should be ready for the Super Bowl.
- Tony Grossi believes that despite Browns S Tashaun Gipson‘s struggles this season, due in large part to nagging injuries and contributing at slot corner other player’s injuries, the return of DC Ray Horton makes Gipson a top priority to re-sign.
- Grossi points out that it’s likely Browns C Alex Mack will opt out of his contract and use his $8 million 2016 base salary as a starting point for a new deal in free agency; Grossi named the Jaguars as a possible suitor.
- Grossi says that the extension of STC Chris Tabor likely means that DB Johnson Bademosi, who’s lead the team in special teams tackles four years in a row, will be a priority to re-sign.
- Grossi notes that Browns free agent WR Terrelle Pryor was drafted by new HC Hue Jackson to the Raiders in 2011 and later followed him in joining the Bengals in 2015.
- Grossi says that initial negotiations between the Browns and RT Mitchell Schwartz haven’t gone well; Schwartz is expected to be one of the top free agent offensive tackles on the market.
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim was asked what the team’s top offseason priority will be and simply replied: “Create a pass rush.” (Darren Urban)
- Keim also says he “feels strongly” that QB Carson Palmer will “bounce back” next season. (Darren Urban)
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera says that DE Jared Allen will go through the process and prove he’s ready to go, but Rivera expects him to be able to play in the Super Bowl. (Joe Person)
- Mike Reiss says to keep an eye on Patriot WR Brandon LaFell, who slipped down the team’s depth chart to the number four receiver spot, as he’ll cost $3.8 million against the team’s salary cap.
- Reiss points out that WR Danny Amendola should be monitored as well with his base salary spiking to $5 million next season.
- Reiss believes that Patriots LB Jerod Mayo has likely played his final game with the team, in-part because LB Jamie Collins and LB Dont’a Hightower‘s contracts expire following the 2016 season, making them the team’s priority negotiations this offseason.
- Reiss says the Patriots would like to retain S Nate Ebner, who finished third on the team in special teams tackles.
Tags Alex Mack Brandon LaFell Carson Palmer Danny Amendola Darian Stewart Dont'a Hightower Jamie Collins Jared Allen Johnson Bademosi Mitchell Schwartz Nate Ebner Tashaun Gipson Terrelle Pryor