- The 49ers also interviewed Texans secondary coach John Butler for their defensive coordinator job before they hired Jim O’Neil. (Aaron Wilson)
- This is the second Texans’ coach to interview for the job. HC Bill O’Brien said of the 49ers’ interest: “The 49ers like our coaching staff.” (Aaron Wilson)
Colts HC Chuck Pagano reiterated that he’s “blessed” and “very grateful” to be back as the team’s head coach.
“This is the only job I wanted,” Pagano said, via the Indianapolis Star. “I think I’ve made that clear. Everybody knew that. I’m blessed and I’m very grateful to [Irsay]. He really does believe in continuity. It’s not one of those things where you just change to change. He gave me another opportunity and now it’s my responsibility to bring home that Lombardi.”
- Les Bowen reports the Eagles are likely to hire a retread guy executive for their head of personnel rather than an up-and coming option.
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera told reporters on Wednesday that it’s a matter of when LB Thomas Davis plays, not if. (Around the NFL)
- Mike Reiss and Field Yates reports that the Patriots will change their strength and conditioning staff in 2016 with Harold Nash not returning next year.