Thursday Night Games
- Adam Schefter says the NFL is in active talks with prospective digital partners for OTT streaming rights to Thursday Night Football and an announcement is expected soon.
- Tony Pauline says that North Dakota St. QB Carson Wentz “knocked it out of the park” in closed-door meetings with coaches and general managers, who were in awe at his knowledge of X’s and O’s. Pauline adds that the belief is he will have no problem running a multiple formation offense.
- Pauline says no one he’s spoken with in the past two months believes Penn St QB Christian Hackenberg will drop out of the draft’s top 75 picks.
- Pauline believes that with Wentz’s draft stock on the rise following the Senior Bowl and the expectation that combine will be a perfect setting for Cal QB Jared Goff to show off his talents, it’s very possible two quarterbacks are selected in the draft’s top five picks.
- Pauline also reported that scouts and insiders at the Senior Bowl say that the Michigan St. QB Connor Cook‘s personality poses a problem for them, adding teammates at Michigan State were “less than effusive in their praise” of Cook.
- Pauline says that one of the biggest winners at the Senior Bowl was Ohio St. TE Nick Vannett, who graded out as the top senior tight end in college last season, and he may be the first tight end selected. Team’s feel Vannett is the most complete tight end in the draft and will be off the board before the end of the second-round.
- Pauline says that Boise St. S Darian Thompson met with 15 general managers and one head coach at the Senior Bowl, adding that one team, not in the market for a safety, graded him as a late first-round pick.
Veteran DE Justin Tuck, who announced his retirement Monday, told Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports that if the Giants were interested in bringing him back, and they still had Tom Coughlin in place as their head coach, he would have considered returning.
“If Coach (Tom) Coughlin would’ve come back another year, I probably would’ve (considered) coming back,” Tuck said. “I didn’t even venture down that road. I think I would’ve given a lot of consideration to it.”