49ers GM Trent Baalke said the team did not remove former UCLA LB Myles Jack from their draft board, but did admit there was “some concern” over the osteochandral issue in his knee.
“As did a lot of teams, obviously,” said Baalke, via Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee. “But he’s a rare talent. And we wish him nothing but the best and hope he makes it through his entire career healthy.”
“We feel real good about the group we have — Ray-Ray Armstrong has done an excellent job this offseason as has Gerald Hodges, Michael Wilhoite coming back and Bow (NaVorro Bowman) looks like he’s returning to form, pre-injury form,” said Baalke. “So we felt good about the group and we just didn’t feel at any point during the draft that we were in position to pick one that would have come in and been better than the guys we currently have on our roster.”
- Rand Getlin reports that the 49ers have signed sixth-round rookie RB Kelvin Taylor to a four-year deal.
- According to Rand Getlin, the Chargers have signed fifth-round rookie LB Jatavis Brown to a four-year contract.
- Packers have agreed to terms on a four-year deal with fifth-round rookie WR Trevor Davis. (Rob Demovsky)
- Rams have invited San Diego State K Donny Hageman to their rookie minicamp this weekend. (Jim Thomas)
- Steelers have signed seventh-round rookie WR DeMarcus Ayers to a four-year contract. (Aaron Wilson)