- The Bills announced that they’ve signed sixth-round CB Kevon Seymour to a four-year deal.
- The Broncos officially signed seventh-round P Riley Dixon, to a four-year deal. (Jeff Legwold)
The Patriots plan to use Arizona St. WR/RB D.J. Foster as a running back early on in his career, but haven’t discussed his future role.
“Not too much. We haven’t really talked about that,” Foster said when asked about his future role, per Doug Kyed. “That’s up to Coach Belichick. That’s something you’ll have to have to ask him. Right now, I’m working with (Patriots running backs coach Ivan Fears) and the running back group. I’m just learning every day, learning about the organization, the culture of this organization and just learning my teammates.”
Foster played running back his first three years at Arizona State before switching to wide receiver his senior season.
“I don’t see how they’re going to get many people at the games. I don’t see it happening. You see Vegas as a ritzy place, but people that live there are workers and don’t have money to go to games. I never had a problem with any of players going down town or getting into trouble, but there is potential for issues.”
NFL on ESPN discussed how a potential $1.4 billion dollar NFL stadium in Las Vegas would be financed:
- $500 million dollars would come from the Raiders, $200 million dollars of which would be from an NFL loan.
- $150 million dollars would come from the Sands Corporation.
- $750 million dollars would come from tourism taxes.
- Nevada Legislature would have to approve diverting some state room-tax funds.
“At one point, New Orleans wanted to talk about a cap re-do, and Drew was more than happy to do that,” Condon said, via Joel A. Erickson of The Advocate. “There were some intervening situations that occurred, so they didn’t need the cap room, and they seem to be satisfied with carrying that number right now.”
Condon added Brees remains committed to the city of New Orleans and the Saints, despite the questions about his future.
“Drew is committed to the city, and he loves this football team,” Condon said. “I think I have some insight as an ex-player, but I say to Drew, ‘Jeez, are you hoping they do better with your supporting cast,’ and he said, ‘Tommy, we have a really good young football team. We’re fine.’“