- The Bears announced Wednesday that longtime area scout and national scout Mark Sadowski has been named college scouting director.
- The Bears also shifted pro scout David Williams to West Coast Scout, promoted Jeff King to Pro Scout, and promoted Chris White to Pro Scouting Coordinator.
- Former USF OL Brynjar Gudmundsson, who was a tryout player at Buccaneers minicamp, is working out for Panthers today before their rookie minicamp. (Greg Auman)
- According to Adam Schefter, Patriots WR Julian Edelman recently underwent left foot surgery, but is on track to return for training camp.
- Schefter added that the surgery was a “cleanup procedure.“
Rams QB Jared Goff will likely be the team’s starter sooner rather than later, but learning the offense is going to be key, according to Nick Wagoner.
“The way they say it, and they’re absolutely right, it’s almost like you’re learning a different language,” Goff said of learning all the new terminology. “It’s from any system you come from in college – it doesn’t really matter. It’s like you’re going into Spanish class and you have to become fluent in Spanish over however long the time is. That’s kind of what it is.”
“He’s a guy that understands priorities,” HC Jeff Fisher said of Goff. “He knows how to budget his time and where to spend his time. It’ll change a little bit. We’ll get him some information this week so he can stay up as we continue to install. He’s handled everything. As I’ve mentioned before, he’s got that internal, competitive drive that you don’t see. He doesn’t wear it on his sleeve. He’s going to make sure that everything’s right.”
Fisher added, “He may start the opener on Monday night, we don’t know, but that’s the goal.“