Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu mentioned that he’s hoping to be back for the start of the season, but added that he would be reluctant to return from his ACL injury in if he isn’t 100 percent healthy.
“If I’m 90 percent, then I don’t necessarily want to go out there,” Mathieu said, via the Arizona Republic. “But if I’m 100 percent, I definitely want to be out there.
“I’ve already shown who I am and what I am, so my objective is to come back that same person. And if I can’t come back that same person, maybe I should wait until I am that person again.”
- According to Bill Voth of BlackandBlueReview.com, Panthers second-year LB Shaq Thompson was involved in a car crash with former Duke QB Anthony Boone Sunday morning in North Carolina.
- The two were driving in opposite directions when Thompson crossed the centerline and struck Boone’s vehicle.
- Boone was taken to the hospital, but Thompson was not injured. Although, Thompson was cited for driving left of the centerline.
- Voth mentions that alocohol was involved, but Thompson was under the legal limit.
“I’m not missing any offseason,” Brees said.
- Triplett takes this as a good sign that questions regarding Brees’ contract situation won’t be a major distraction for the Saints this offseason.
- Triplett adds that the Saints could be hoping that Brees will be more motivated to work out an extension that would offer some immediate cap relief before the start of the season in order to avoid the risk of injury.
- Former No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney said that he was dealing with a Lisfranc injury last year, which ultimately ended his 2015 season. (Tania Ganguli)
- Clowney added that the injury did not require surgery and he is now 100 percent healthy. (Tania Ganguli)