- Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area writes that it’s “difficult to come up with a scenario” in which keeps Colin Kaepernick is back with the 49ers next year.
- With this in mind, Maiocco mentions that Blaine Gabbert is the most-likely quarterback to open the 2016 as the 49ers’ starter.
- Maiocco still expects San Francisco to draft a quarterback to compete with Gabbert for the job.
- According to Maiocco, the 49ers could have close to $60 million in cap space to work with next year.
According to Levy, he expects to return around April.
“Right now, I’m not really on a schedule,” Levy said. “If I wasn’t IR’d, I would be a little bit more aggressive with it and kind of have goals and things in mind right now. Right now, I’m just looking towards April.
“Like I’ll be good in the offseason, there won’t be any problems. I got a little bit, so I’m pacing myself.”
- Tom Silverstein mentions that with no announcement from the Packers, it appears as though TE Andrew Quarless won’t be activated from the short-term injured reserve list for Week 15.
- Rams LB Alec Ogletree (leg, short-term I.R.) will return to practice next week. (St Louis Post-Dispatch)