- Alex Marvez reports that Falcons assistant coaches Mike McDaniel and Mike LaFleur are “strong candidates” to join Kyle Shanahan’s staff with the 49ers.
- According to Marvez, the 49ers are expected to retain DBs coach Jeff Hafley and LBs coach Jason Tarver.
- Jim Trotter reports that new GM John Lynch will have final say over the draft, free agency and 90-man roster while Shanahan will have final say over the 53-man roster.
- Matt Maiocco says that the reason Lynch didn’t want it to get out that he was interested in the 49ers’ job is because if he remained at FOX, he was concerned that the perception would be he was using TV job to gain a position with an NFL team.
- According to Eric Branch, the 49ers have yet to schedule an interview with former-Bucs GM Mark Dominik for a front office position and there’s presumably nothing imminent.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Bears are parting ways with WRs coach Curtis Johnson.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Bills are planning to hire East Carolina WRs coach Phil McGeoghan as their new WRs coach.
Lions impending free agent G Larry Warford indicated that he won’t be offering the team a hometown discount to return to Detroit next year.
“I mean, I’ve got my family to think about too,” said Warford, via DetroitLions.com. “Starting a family is awesome, and that factors in.
“There’s going to be a lot of factors in it, but I’m not thinking too much about it right now. I’m taking my mind off football for awhile, recharge and get ready to hit this offseason pretty good.”
We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2017 Free Agents list.
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN writes that free agent OLB Jarvis Jones is unlikely to return to the Steelers.
- With Jones possibly out of the picture, Fowler believes it would be logical for the Steelers to target a pass-rusher in the first few rounds of the draft.
- Fowler can see the Steelers also bringing back veteran OLB James Harrison, who announced that he plans to continue his career in the NFL.