- Jason Fitzgerald notes that trading for 49ers TE Vernon Davis would cost an interested team around $2.8 million against the cap.
- Fitzgerald doesn’t anticipate it costing an interested team much in terms of compensation to get Davis off of the 49ers’ hands.
- Jason Fitzgerald notes that trading for Bears TE Martellus Bennett would cost an interested team around $3 million against the cap.
- Pro Football Talk reports that Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders is believed to have an AC joint sprain that is not considered serious.
“I think it was done with the idea of trying to hurt our quarterback,” Whisenhunt said, per Jason Wolf. “That’s bulls–t football.”
However, Mariota said Vernon spoke to him after the game and apologized.
“He came up to me after the game and apologized so I don’t think it was malicious at all,” Mariota said, per Wolf.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that the NFL will investigate why Vikings DE Everson Griffin was a surprise scratch on Sunday.
- Florio mentions that the Vikings should have disclosed Griffen’s illness at some point before putting him on the inactive list today.