- 49ers S Don Jones suffered a torn left ACL during Thursday’s preseason finale, according to his Snapchat.
- Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area mentions that the 49ers will place Jones on injured reserve in the near future.
- Earlier in the day, reports surfaced that the Bears were cutting veteran WR Victor Cruz. However, Art Stapleton mentions that it could depend on the MRI results from tonight.
- Stapleton adds that it’s possible Cruz could be placed on injured reserve before eventually being released with an injury settlement once he’s healthy.
“You don’t let the most talented guys leave… especially at that position,” a team insider tells Mehta. “You try and find a way to make it work.”
According to Mehta, there aren’t many inside the Jets who are excited about this move and Mehta says “people are ticked off” at GM Mike Maccagnan.
- Ben Volin is hearing that QB Jacoby Brissett is safe with a source adding: “Especially after last night’s performance.”
- There had been some speculation that Brissett could be cut this week, but it sounds like New England plans to carry three quarterbacks on their active roster.