The 49ers announced that they have hired seven new coaches including:
- OL coach John Benton
- Assistant DBs coach Daniel Bullocks
- Strength and conditioning coach Michael Clay
- Assistant DL coach Vince Oghobaase
- Defensive quality control coach DeMeco Ryans
- Assistant OL coach Adam Stenavich
- According to Adam Caplan, Bears C Eric Kush‘s two-year deal with Chicago is worth $2.7 million including $500,000 fully guaranteed.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN believes the Lions should consider signing free agent DL Jared Odrick, who could be a good fit in Detroit’s defensive scheme.
- Rothstein notes that Odrick has experience as a defensive end and interior lineman in a 4-3 scheme, while Lions DC Teryl Austin moves edge rushers inside from time to time in pass-rush situations.
- Paul Gutierrez of ESPN does not expect Raiders CB D.J. Hayden to re-sign with the team this offseason.
- Although Gutierrez mentions that Hayden earned a role as the slot corner in 2016 and became an overall better tackler, he believes a change of scenery would serve Hayden best, considering that his next team likely wouldn’t have as high of expectations for him.
- Hayden is a former first-round pick by the Raiders in the 2013 NFL Draft and has played out his rookie contract.
- Jason Wolf of USA Today names five cornerback prospects to keep an eye on for the Titans in the 2017 NFL Draft, including Ohio State’s Marshon Lattimore, Florida’s Teez Tabor, Alabama’s Marlon Humphrey, Washington’s Sydney Jones, and LSU’s Tre’Davious White.