Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: 49ers, Bears, Raiders
NFL Notes: 49ers, Bears, Raiders
- Although Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area does not think 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan wants to make a change at quarterback, he writes that Shanahan “may not have any other options” if Brian Hoyer continues to struggle.
- Regardless, Maiocco believes it is “highly doubtful” the 49ers will sign a quarterback unless an injury occurs.
- If the 49ers do, in fact, sign a quarterback, Maiocco mentions that Matt Barkley as a potential option for San Francisco, given that he was with the team this summer before being released.
- As for impending free agents on the team, Maiocco has RB Carlos Hyde as the top on his list of players to re-sign, and believes Hyde should command a three-year contract.
- Maiocco names impending free agent safeties Jaquiski Tartt and Eric Reid as two players that are “expendable” for the 49ers, but he could see Tartt receiving an extension.
- 49ers DE Tank Carradine and LB Aaron Lynch may not be “big priorities” to re-sign, according to Maiocco.
- Raiders CB David Amerson said he is not worried about his third concussion in the past 13 months: “I don’t think it’s as serious as people think it is or the numbers (suggest). I ain’t even that worried about it.” (Michael Gehlken)
Tags Aaron Lynch Brandon Linder Brian Hoyer Carlos Hyde David Amerson Eric Reid Jaelen Strong Jaquiski Tartt Kyle Shanahan Martavis Bryant Nick Kwiatkoski Tank Carradine Willie Young