- DC Vic Fangio said that LB Patrick Willis is questionable for Week 10. (Matt Maiocco)
- Fangio put NT Glenn Dorsey‘s odds of playing this weekend at “50-50.” (Matt Maiocco)
- Albert Breer of the NFL Network reports that RB Giovani Bernard (hip) could miss time behind Week 10’s game.
- According to Breer, the Bengals coaching staff “won’t be going away from Jeremy Hill,” even when Bernard returns.
“I think it’s realistic for him to play five more years,” Jones said, via Jean-Jacques Taylor of ESPN.com. “I’m aware of his back. Only God knows what is in store for his back. I’ve seen backs out there that you wouldn’t believe how they look on the MRIs and how they look on X-rays. . . .
“If you’re concerned about his future, then look at his age, and you might say, boy, you need to be thinking about a time when he doesn’t play. I don’t look at it much differently than that with his back, because there have been three very different types of injuries that have caused him to miss games with his back.”
- The Lions top-three tight ends — Brandon Pettigrew, Eric Ebron and Joseph Fauria — all participated in Thursday’s practice. (Tim Twentyman)
- Rich Tandler of CSNWashington.com identifies some players that could end up being cap casualties during the offseason.
- Tandler lists: DE Stephen Bowen, NT Barry Cofield, CB DeAngelo Hall, G Chris Chester, C Kory Lichtensteiger, G Shawn Lauvao and CB Tracy Porter as players to keep an eye on.