- ESPN’s Adam Schefter first reported that the 49ers have hired former Raiders interim HC Tony Sparano as TEs coach.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter mentioned on Thursday’s NFL Insiders that he doesn’t expect Vance Joseph to be coaching with the Bengals next year, even though the team prevented him from taking the Broncos’ DC job.
- Former Packers QB B.J. Coleman has signed with the Arizona Rattlers of the Arena Football League.
- Saints TE Jimmy Graham said that he considered undergoing surgery on his shoulder this offseason, but ultimately elected to not do so. (Katherine Terrell)
- Graham wouldn’t say what the specific injury is that’s he’s been dealing with. (Katherine Terrell)
“That surgery requires a pretty significant amount of time that you are not weight bearing, and then you kind of gotta work yourself back to it. He’s been diligent in his rehab. That’s the thing he can control right now. He understands that. It’s an arduous process for him because he’s limited right now in what he can do. There’s just a few exercises that he can do to maintain some of the strength in his leg. Once he gets to the point where he can put weight on the leg again and start to really get into a rehab process, I know he’s anxious to do that. He’s anxious to make the contributions that we all know he’s capable of making. Some of the things, the flashes that we saw even in the preseason, it’s important to him that he returns to full health so that he can contribute and help our football team.”
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle writes that re-signing their prominent free agents this offseason will be one of the Texans’ top priorities.
- McClain mentions that CB Kareem Jackson, OT Derek Newton, OLB Brooks Reed, and QB Ryan Mallett are likely to be priorities for Houston.
- Although, McClain does expect the Texans to consider other quarterbacks.