- The 49ers announced that they have three players in concussion protocol including FB Kyle Juszczyk, S Jaquiski Tartt, and LB Brock Coyle. Meanwhile, DE Tank Carradine is dealing with a high ankle sprain. (Matt Maiocco)
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan mentioned of rookie LB Reuben Foster: “I’d be shocked if he came back this week. I’d be surprised. We’re taking it week to week. You never know.” (Matt Maiocco)
- Shanahan said he’s definitely not expecting S Eric Reid to be ready. “He’s behind Reuben” in his readiness to return to action.” (Matt Maiocco)
- The Buffalo Bills officially ruled out DT Marcell Dareus, LT Cordy Glenn, and DT Jerel Worthy for Week 3’s game on Friday. (Mike Rodak)
Dolphins executive VP Mike Tannenbaum did not dispute the recent reports that they discussed a potential trade for Seahawks CB Richard Sherman (NFLTR) and that Jarvis Landry was at least mentioned in those talks.
“I know there are a lot of rumors out there,” Tannenbaum said, via the Miami Herald. “We’re happy with our roster right now. With that said, if there’s opportunities that present themselves, we’ll always evaluate them. But we’re comfortable with where we are right now.”
Tannenbaum said that they had been considering a potential trade for LB Stephone Anthony for some time before they agreed to send the Saints a 2018 fifth-round pick for him a few days ago.
“He’s someone we had looked at for a while, and talked to the Saints, on and off,” Tannenbaum said. “He’s someone that was very productive his rookie year, has some position flexibility, really good prototypical size, can run. It’s just an opportunity to improve our positional depth.”
- The Packers officially listed list seven players as doubtful for Week 3 including LT David Bakhtiari, OLB Nick Perry, LB Jake Ryan, WR Randall Cobb, DT Mike Daniels, S Kentrell Brice, and CB Davon House.
- Green Bay also listed RT Bryan Bulaga and WR Jordy Nelson as questionable.