Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: 49ers, Bills, Giants, Redskins
NFL Notes: 49ers, Bills, Giants, Redskins
- Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News writes that it’s hard to imagine Bills GM Doug Whaley reversing his stance that QB Tyrod Taylor isn’t the team’s long-term solution at quarterback.
- Even So, Carucci expects new HC Sean McDermott to have a “strong say” in whether the team picks up Taylor’s option in the coming weeks.
- If the Bills do, in fact, pick up Taylor’s option, Carucci says that there could be cap ramifications that could impact some notable players including DT Kyle Williams and S Aaron Williams.
- Carruci considers DT Kyle Williams to be “extremely vulnerable” this offseason, considering this $8.3 million cap hit.
- According to Carucci, it’s unlikely the Bills would be able to re-sign CB Stephon Gilmore if the Bills pick up Taylor’s option.
- According to JP Finley of CSN Mid-Atlantic, the Redskins have shown interest in free agent WR Kenny Britt. Sources have indicated to Finley that Britt would be interested in signing with Washington if Kirk Cousins is still their quarterback, but there are at least seven other teams interested in him.
- Finley mentions that Britt expects to make somewhere between $8 million to $12 million per season in a multi-year deal.
- Finley says that DeSean Jackson‘s return to Washington seems unlikely, considering that he’ll likely command more money than either Pierre Garcon or Britt.
Tags aaron williams DeSean Jackson Doug Whaley Kenny Britt Kirk Cousins Kyle Williams Larry Warford Pierre Garçon Reuben Foster Sean McDermott Stephon Gilmore Tyrod Taylor