- ILB Navorro Bowman (knee, PUP) visited with doctor James Andrews this weekend, but GM Trent Baalke said there was nothing new to report regarding Bowman’s condition. (Matt Maiocco)
- Tom Reed of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns are “bracing for bad news” regarding S Tashaun Gipson and his knee injury.
“Gipson is one of the best safeties, one of the top three in the NFL for sure,” CB Joe Haden said of potentially losing Gibson. “Losing him, you can’t replace him, but in the NFL nobody is going to feel bad for you.”
- Jets players mentioned that they believe HC Rex Ryan should be back with the team next year.
“My gut feeling? Yeah,” DL Sheldon Richardson said when asked if he believes Ryan will be back in 2015, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “Even though it’s dark and gloomy, I strongly do feel like that. We’ll see, though.”
- Meanwhile, Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that “if the embattled Rex Ryan wants to keep hope alive, he needs to win Monday night in Detroit.“
- David Newton is reporting that the Panthers have guard Amini Silatolu getting work at tackle on Monday.