NFL Notes: 49ers, Broncos, Buccaneers, Chargers, Rams
- According to Albert Breer, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels prefers the 49ers’ situation to the other positions he’s interviewed for because they’re looking to rebuild the team from the ground up.
- Breer believes McDaniels has the “inside track” for the job with Louis Riddick possibly being paired with him as GM.
- According to Mike Klis, if Dolphins DC Vance Joseph leaves Denver today without an offer from the Broncos, it’s likely the team will turn their attention to Kyle Shanahan. However, if Joseph stays in Denver, he’s clearly going to be their guy.
- Greg Auman reports that Buccaneers P Bryan Anger receives $6.5 million guaranteed as part of his new five-year, $17 million extension (NFLTR) with Tampa Bay.
- Auman adds that Anger’s guaranteed money breaks down to $4 million in 2017 and another $2.5 million of his $3 million salary in 2018.
- Considering that the Chargers are focused on hiring a defensive-minded head coach with the intention of keeping the offensive coaching staff in place, Albert Breer believes Buccaneers DC Mike Smith makes the most sense for San Diego.
- Albert Breer says that the Rams’ head-coaching search is the most wide open, which is why Redskins OC Sean McVay could be the candidate who makes the most sense for Los Angeles.
Tags Bryan Anger Josh McDaniels Kyle Shanahan Louis Riddick Mike Smith Sean McVay Vance Joseph