- 49ers HC Chip Kelly told reporters on Tuesday that QB Colin Kaepernick isn’t fully cleared for minicamp, but he’ll still take part in some individual drills. (Ian Rapoport)
- According to Matt Barrows, first-round OL Joshua Garnett got work at both left and right guard with the third-team unit on Tuesday.
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak won’t offer a time table on for CB Aqib Talib‘s return from a gunshot wound. However, Kubiak did say that their medical staff has an idea of when he could be back after speaking with doctors in Dallas. (James Palmer)
- Kubiak said that they anticipate Talib arriving to their facility on Wednesday, but added: “Only thing I’m concerned about is his health.”
- In regards to contract talks with franchise OLB Von Miller, Kubiak said they’re moving in a positive direction and he hopes to see Miller next week if possible. (Troy Renck)
Eagles HC Doug Pederson said he is “fully confident that something will be done before camp” in regards to a contract extension for DT Fletcher Cox.
“We want him to be in the meetings,” Pederson said, via Philly.com. “We want him to be in the walk through. We want him to get as many reps this week as he can. … Not being here, I don’t want to put him out there and risk injuries. He’s a big part of this football team. Now’s not the time to see what he can do, because he’s proven that.”
“You’d love to have everybody here, but again, this is voluntary,” Rivera said, via Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review. “The thing I appreciate, for the most part, everybody has told me what’s been going on — with the exception of one person.”
“Because it’s voluntary, he decided not to come,” Rivera said. “It’s one of those things that he’s got to decide what he wants to do, and since it’s voluntary, we’re not too concerned about it. We’ll coach who’s here. . ..
“He’s under contract, so I’m not concerned with it. The truth of the matter is, you expect him to do the mandatory things, you expect him to be where he’s supposed to be.”