- RB Marcus Lattimore mentioned that he expects to open the season on the reserve/NFI list, but is hopeful he’ll be activated after six weeks. (Matt Barrows)
- HC Jim Harbaugh told reporters that he feels good about WR Stevie Johnson making the 53-man roster. (Cam Inman)
- Broncos officially placed WR Jordan Norwood on season-ending injured reserve.
- Denver also waived DT Cody Larsen to get down to 75 players.
- HC Tom Coughlin admitted that they are likely employ a committee approach at tight end this year.
“That is not necessarily what the plan was [entering training camp],” Coughlin said, per Jordan Raanan of NJ.com. “But the plan has evolved to that, where people can be utilized for their skills in different ways.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Rams are not searching for a quarterback right now, but will “look hard at the quarterback position” next year if they still have concerns about Sam Bradford.
- Rookie OLB Jadeveon Clowney is expected to play in the team’s Week 1 game against the Redskins. (Brian T. Smith)