- Alex Marvez reports Falcons DBs coach Tim Kewis is leaving to become the 49ers new defensive backs coach and replace Ed Donatell.
- Marvez also reports that Clancy Pendegrast will be the 49ers inside linebackers coach.
- Alex Marvez reports that the Browns have hired Kevin O’Connell as their new quarterback coach and Kurt Roper as senior offensive assistant.
- Kent Somers reports that if veteran LB Larry Foote decides to retire, he could join Bruce Arians’ coaching staff.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing multiple sources, reports that the Falcons plan to name Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn the new their head coach on Tuesday.
Steelers chairman Dan Rooney mentioned on Friday that he believes Pittsburgh is well positioned to host the next Super Bowl in the northern part of the country.
“Yeah, I think it should happen,” Rooney said, via Bob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “…As of last year, the (New York) Giants have had one. There have been games in Minnesota and Detroit, places like that. So now you think about it.
“Of course, you’ll have a lot of teams in the Northeast that will want one, but I think Pittsburgh would be a good place for the next one in the North.”