Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: 49ers, Browns, Chargers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Packers, & Ravens
NFL Notes: 49ers, Browns, Chargers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Packers, & Ravens
- Both GM Trent Baalke and HC Jim Tomsula described first-round pick DL Arik Armstead a “project.” (Grant Cohn)
- Browns HC Mike Pettine told reporters Thursday night that they haven’t decided Cameron Erving’s position as of now. (Nate Ulrich)
- Pettine mentioned that Erving could compete with RT Mitchell Schwartz or RG John Greco. (Nate Ulrich)
- Browns GM Ray Farmer said there’s a possibility that No. 12 overall pick Danny Shelton will “play all three downs.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Chargers GM Tom Telesco told reporters that they feel like Melvin Gordon is the best pass-protecting running back in the draft. (Kevin Acee)
- The Cowboys will use first-round pick Byron Jones at cornerback to start, but he could eventually make a move to safety at some point. (Todd Archer)
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes that inside linebacker, cornerback, interior offensive, and possibly safety could be in play for the Dolphins in the middle rounds of the draft.
- Packers GM Ted Thompson said that they view first-round pick Damarious Randall as a cornerback and cited his versatility as one of the reasons they went with him at No. 30.
- Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome said they likely would have tried to trade out of the No. 26 spot if WR Breshad Perriman wasn’t on the board. (Aaron Wilson)
Tags Arik Armstead Breshad Perriman Byron Jones Cameron Erving Damarious Randall Danny Shelton John Greco Melvin Gordon Mitchell Schwartz