- 49ers HC Chip Kelly told reporters on Monday that Colin Kaepernick remains their No. 2 quarterback because he’s still not 100 percent healthy right now.
- Browns HC Hue Jackson said he expects QB Cody Kessler to start Sunday against the Redskins in Week 4. (Scott Petrak)
- Browns OLB Nate Orchard will likely miss extended time with a high-ankle sprain. (Scott Petrak)
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid mentioned that “there’s a chance” RB Jamaal Charles will play this week against the Steelers. (Terez A. Paylor)
- Reid did, however, note that they plan to be very cautious with Charles moving forward. (B.J. Kissel)
Giants RB Shane Vereen‘s agent, Ryan Williams, implied that his client’s injury may not sideline him for the season, despite the announcement made by the team.
“The need to be right should far outweigh the need to be first. Especially when it comes to an injury. Possibility it is not season-ending.”
- Ian Rapoport says that there is optimism amoungst the Giants that RB Rashad Jennings, who missed Sunday’s game with a thumb injury, will be back this week.
- The Jaguars announced that RB Chris Ivory sustained sprained knee and ankle injuries on Sunday, but was still able to play through it and finish the game.