- RB Jamaal Charles (ankle) is not expected to play Sunday, but he’ll try to test out his ankle during pregame. (Ian Rapoport)
- RB Knile Davis is expected to see the bulk of the workload in the event that Charles is unable to play. (Ian Rapoport)
- WR Brandon LaFell said he’s “frustrated as hell” with his role in the Patriots’ offense.
“I’m frustrated as hell, man,” LaFell said, via the Boston Globe. “I want to catch passes like every other guy in here, like every receiver around the league. But the game plan is not for me to catch, it’s to block. So that’s what I’ve got to do.“
- The Raiders reportedly “don’t expect to have” RB Maurice Jones-Drew (hand) to play against the Patriots. (Ian Rapoport)
- John McClain of the Houston Chronicle does not expect RB Arian Foster to play on Sunday.
- McClain mentions that this would be a “great opportunity” for rookie RB Alfred Blue.