Home 49ers NFL Notes: 49ers, Browns, Colts, Panthers, & Redskins
- HC Jim Harbaugh told reports that WR Michael Crabtree is expected to miss “a week or two,” but he isn’t dealing with a foot or Achilles related injury. (Matt Maiocco)
- A source familiar with 49ers WR Michael Crabtree’s undisclosed injury said: “I think he has a sore hamstring. Nothing too serious right now.” (Josina Anderson)
- WR Brandon Lloyd will miss 1-2 weeks with an undisclosed injury. (Matt Maiocco)
- A decision regarding WR Josh Gordon‘s suspension appeal is not expected until Monday at earliest. (Toni Grossi)
- Jason La Canfora wonders if Bills RB C.J. Spiller would make sense for the Colts give that Indy has depth at linebacker, but could use another running back.
- The Colts could end up using committee of pass rusher for the first quarter of the season in attempt to replace suspended OLB Robert Mathis. (Jason La Canfora)
- Undrafted rookie WR Jerry Rice Jr has a torn shoulder labrum that will likely require surgery, according to HC Jay Gruden.