- 49ers DL Kaleb Ramsey has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drugs policy. (Aaron Wilson)
- Browns GM Ray Farmer said of the trades that were discussed: “We had some conversations and they resulted in nothing,” per Mary Kay Cabot.
- Farmer added: “Trading deadline creates lot of controversy and a lot of scuttlebutt but that results in nothing.”
- According to Farmer, they weren’t shopping players, but he “definitely listened.“
- Farmer was asked about whether they overrated WR Dwayne Bowe, to which he replied: “don’t know if we overrated him. “It is what it is, Dwayne’s in circumstance he’s in. Every decision is team decision.” (Scott Petrak)
- Farmer said of his future: “Simple answer for me, my job is to work hard and bring talent to the Browns. That’s what I’ll do.” (Tony Grossi)
- Ian Rapoport and Tom Curran report that the Patriots made an effort to acquire Titans CB Jason McCourty.
- La Canfora writes that this is likely a precursor to what could be a defining offseason for the Titans’ franchise.
- People around the league have told La Canfora that the changes in Tennessee could also be coming to ownership. Beyond that, La Canfora believes it’s hard to imagine GM Ruston Webster being back next year.
- NFL teams that contacted the Titans about potential trades reportedly said they found “almost no options between a lack of talent and untenable contracts” on their roster.
- One player who did generate some interest, according to La Canfora is TE Delanie Walker.
- La Canfora expects there to be a lot of talk about Jon Gruden and Peyton Manning possibly taking roles with the franchise in the coming months.