Home 49ers NFL Notes: 49ers, Browns, Redskins, Texans
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan announced that DL Arik Armstead broke his hand and will require surgery. The expectation is that Armstead will be out for a while and could be a candidate for injured reserve.
- According to Howard Balzer, the 49ers brought in free agent P Brock Miller for a workout last Friday.
- After denying that he texted QB Deshaun Watson on Sunday, Browns HC Hue Jackson told reports Monday that he may have texted Watson to “be ready for the draft” but never gave him the impression that they were taking him. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jackson said he will make a decision regarding the team’s starting quarterback by Wednesday. (Nate Ulrich)
- Mary Kay Cabot writes that DeShone Kizer will likely return as the team’s starting quarterback in Week 7, as they need to determine if he can be a long-term solution at the position.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden announced Monday that rookie DL Jonathan Allen has a lisfranc injury and will likely be out 3-4 weeks. (Master Tesfatsion)
- According to Gruden, CB Bashaud Breeland could still play in next Monday’s game, despite spraining his MCL this past weekend. (John Keim)
- Gruden said there’s a possibility S DeAngelo Hall could return this week or next. (JP Finlay)
- Redskins CB Josh Norman will increase his conditioning and be re-evaluated mid-week, according to Gruden. (Master Tesfatsion)
- According to Gruden, RB Rob Kelley and S Deshazor Everett will practice this week and OL Ty Nsekhe is still week-to-week but getting closer to a return.