- The 49ers officially ruled out WR Pierre Garcon (neck), OT Garry Gilliam (knee), DT D.J. Jones (knee), DE Aaron Lynch (calf), OT Joe Staley (eye), DE Solomon Thomas (knee), and CB K’Waun Williams (quadricep) for Week 9.
- 49ers rookie LB Reuben Foster (ribs) is also listed as questionable.
- The Buccaneers officially ruled out veteran CB Brent Grimes for Sunday’s game against the Saints.
- Tampa Bay also lists DE Robert Ayers, DT Chris Baker, LB Kendall Beckwith, WR Adam Humphries and QB Jameis Winston as questionable for Week 9.
- The Seahawks officially ruled out S Earl Thomas (knee) and G Luke Joeckel (hamstring) for Week 9 and list S Kam Chancellor (ankle) as questionable.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Thomas could be looking at a multi-week absence.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Chancellor will be good to go this weekend, but they will check in on LB Bobby Wagner tomorrow. (Curtis Crabtree)
- According to Carroll, DL Sheldon Richardson will be a game-time decision.
While he wasn’t willing to get into specifics, Texans HC Bill O’Brien told reporters on Friday that the lost of Deshaun Watson is, obviously, going to lead to some changes for them offensively in the coming weeks.
“Clearly there’s differences. Every quarterback is different. There’s a lot of differences, I mean, that’s obvious. I think anybody can watch a game and see the differences with any quarterback in the league,” O’Brien said, via Pro Football Talk.
New Texans starting QB Tom Savage admitted that “you can’t replace Deshaun Watson” and there are things that Watson can do that he can’t.
“You can’t replace Deshaun Watson,” Savage said, per Jeff Darlington of ESPN. “The kid has been playing absolutely lights out. My job is to just help out. … I’m just going to state the obvious: There’s things he can do that I can’t do.”
- The Texans have officially ruled out DE Joel Heath and ILB Dylan Cole for Sunday’s game and list veteran CB Johnathan Joseph (shin/quad) as questionable.