Head coach Jim Harbaugh said that he and Brooks are “working through something” when asked why Brooks wasn’t playing.
“We need Ahmad Brooks to win a championship,” Harbaugh said. “I feel that whole-heartedly, and have felt that way.”
- WR Larry Fitzgerald is scheduled for MRI to ensure that his MCL injury is not serious. (Ed Werder)
- Fitzgerald reportedly believes he can play through the injury. (Ed Werder)
- Rookie TE Troy Niklas re-injured his ankle during Sunday’s game against the Lions. (Mike Jurecki)
- TE Antonio Gates told reporters after Sunday’s game that QB Phillip Rivers has been dealing with a “very severe rib injury.” (Michael Gehlken)
- RB Ryan Mathews had his knee heavily wrapped after the game and limped out of the locker room. (Eric Williams)
- HC Pete Carroll told reporters after Sunday’s loss to the Chiefs that C Max Unger suffered a high ankle sprain. (Bob Condotta)
- Condotta mentions that Unger could be a out a while with this injury.