Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: 49ers, Cardinals, Colts, Raiders, & Rams
NFL Notes: 49ers, Cardinals, Colts, Raiders, & Rams
- Matt Maiocco reports that although the 49ers have spoken to free-agent CB Chris Cook about returning, they haven’t had any recent conversations with his representatives.
- Josh Weinfuss can’t see the Cardinals moving up from No. 24 overall in this year’s draft.
- In the end, Weinfuss expects Arizona to remain at No. 24 and target either a pass-rusher or a running back.
- Weinfuss seems to think the Cardinals could add a center, rather than go with one of A.Q. Shipley or Ted Larsen next year.
- Interestingly enough, Weinfuss can see the Cardinals parting with a high draft pick to get Adrian Peterson, but he admits any trade would almost certainly come down the Vikings asking price.
- ESPN’s Mike Wells considers it unlikely that the Colts will re-sign RB Ahmad Bradshaw in the coming weeks, and instead move forward with Frank Gore, Vick Ballard, Boom Herron and Zurlon Tipton.
- Wells still expects the Colts to add a few free agents in the coming week, given that they still have around $12 million or so in available cap space. However, he doesn’t offer any potential targets.
- The only “significant” move Wells can see Indy making would be adding DT Vince Wilfork.
- Nick Wagoner writes that the possibility remains veteran OT Jake Long could return to the Rams on a cheaper, short-term deal. However, Wagoner adds that this probably won’t happen any time soon.
- Wagoner suspects newly signed LB Akeem Ayers to play more than in just passing situations.
- Wagoner isn’t sold on the idea that the Rams are content with their current quarterback situation, and adds “just about anything is in play when it comes to quarterbacks.”
- According to Wagoner, “it’s all but certain” the Rams are going to exercise DT Michael Brocker’s fifth-year option before May.
- Adam Caplan mentions that the Raiders could get out of S Nate Allen‘s new two-year contract after one year, but he would make $7 million for the 2015 season.
- According to Caplan, Oakland has until have until three days after the Super Bowl to make a decision on Allen’s contract, as this is when $4.9 million of the deal becomes fully guaranteed.
Tags A. Q. Shipley Adrian Peterson Ahmad Bradshaw Akeem Ayers Boom Herron Chris Cook Frank Gore Jake Long Michael Brocker Nate Allen Ted Larsen Vick Ballard Vince Wilfork Zurlon Tipton