NFL Notes: 49ers, Cardinals, Cowboys, Jets, & Packers
- 49ers HC Jim Tomsula had this to say on RB Carlos Hyde, who’s listed as day-to-day: “He’s felling better with all those things but you don’t know until you play, got to make cuts and get moving on it.” (Cam Inman)
- Rand Getlin reports that tests on Cardinals OL Mike Iupati have all come back clear, adding the injury is believed to have been nerve related.
- According to Geltin, Iupati was fine and moving around in the Cardinals facility and is just dealing with a stiff neck.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians says Iupati is day-to-day as is WR Michael Floyd and DT Cory Redding. (Darren Urban)
- Jason Cole reports that when talking to Cowboys players, one common thread brought up is the mounting distractions in the locker room.
- Cole says players are concerned with WR Dez Bryant not reacting to losses “constructively” and believe he’s getting “distracted to easily.“
- Cole also notes that players “dislike” how the Cowboys ownership has handled DE Greg Hardy, especially when they dubbed him a “team leader.“
- Jets HC Todd Bowles says WR Quincy Enunwa is back from his suspension and a corresponding roster move will come later this week.
- Bowles also mentioned QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is resting from his thumb-surgery and the expectation is he will return Wednesday.
- Jason Cole reports that defensive coordinators who have faced Packers QB Aaron Rodgers believe the team’s struggles stem from him “not trusting” his receivers.
- Cole says that with Rodgers not trusting his receivers to get open, he holds on to the ball too long and is forced to check it down short.
- Cole also noted that defenses are keeping Rodgers in the pocket, preventing him from being able to make plays with his legs and extend plays.
Tags Aaron Rodgers Carlos Hyde Cory Redding Dez Bryant Greg Hardy Michael Floyd Mike Iupati Quincy Enunwa Ryan Fitzpatrick