“Quinton Patton has always flashed,” Curry said, via Joe Fann of the 49ers official site. “He’s going to get a real opportunity to go out there and see what he can do. I’ve been here since he was a rookie, and just to see him grow as a player and a person is great to see. He’s always been dedicated, he’s always been focused, he’s always worked hard, he’s smart and it’s going to be interesting to see how he does in this camp.”
- Suspended ILB Daryl Washington said on FOX-910 AM Radio that he will attend training camp, and is “confident” that he will be reinstated by the NFL, per Kent Somers.
- ILB Rolando McClain participated during individual drills, as he is still recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery. (Jon Machota)
- There is still no word regarding DE Greg Hardy‘s appeal from suspension. (Jon Machota)
- WR Terrance Williams‘ x-rays from a Thursday elbow injury came back negative. (Jon Machota)
- First-round rookie CB Byron Jones has drawn praise for his ability and work ethic.
“You couldn’t ask for a pick to pan out better than he’s panned out, much less being a first-round pick,” said owner Jerry Jones. “He is everything as advertised.”
- According to Dom Cosentino of the Newark Star-Ledger, James Carpenter “looks” like he will be the starting left guard.
- Cosentino believes it is a “40-60” percentage that RB Stevan Ridley starts the season on the PUP list, while the odds increase substantially if he is not ready for training camp.
- HC Bill O’Brien said that LB Jadeveon Clowney is expected to return from microfracture surgery in his knee in time for the start of the regular season, per Chris Wesseling.
- According to Tania Ganguli of ESPN, third-round rookie WR Jaelen Strong could be in the mix to start, while veteran WR Nate Washington has also drawn praise from the coaching staff.