- According to Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com, the 49ers decision to release CB Shareece Wright will result in them receiving sixth-round compensatory pick in 2016 for RB Frank Gore, who signed on with the Colts.
- OverTheCap.com projects the 49ers to receive a fourth-round pick for G Mike Iupati, a fifth-round pick for CB Perrish Cox, and sixth-round selections for RB Frank Gore and LB Dan Skuta.
- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com notes that the 49ers releasing CB Shareece Wright today will end up costing the Chargers a sixth-round compensatory pick for RB Ryan Mathews.
“I’m still limited,” Thomas explained. “I don’t know if [playing] is going to be an option yet.”
Thomas added that he and the Jaguars’ medical staff are taking things day to day.
“It’s going to be a continuous process working with the doctors,” Thomas said. “I’ll work my back and if the doctors are confident with the things I’m doing, they’ll let me do a little more and challenge me. It’s going to be a day-by-day situation, really.”
- Nick Korte mentions that the Patriots decision to release CB Bradley Fletcher will have no impact on their 2016 compensatory picks.
- For what it’s worth, OverTheCap.com projects the Patriots to receive a third-round pick for CB Darrelle Revis and sixth-round picks for DT Vince Wilfork, RB Shane Vereen, and LB Akeem Ayers.