- OLB Aldon Smith has officially been reinstated from suspension. He’ll participate in Tuesday’s walk-through. (Matt Maiocco)
- The Chargers are expected to get RB Ryan Mathews, ILB Manti Te’o, S Jahleel Addae, rookie OLB Jeremiah Attaochu and OLB Melvin Ingram back from injury this week. (Eric D. Williams)
- HC Mike McCarthy wouldn’t commit to Clay Matthews staying at inside linebacker, despite a solid performance against the Bears.
“Clay Matthews is not an inside linebacker. He’s a football player,” McCarthy said, via ESPNWisconsin.com. “The focus [during the offseason] was to play more players on defense, move Clay around and create challenges for the offense. We’ll see here he plays this week.”
- WR Leonard Hankerson (knee) is expected to make his season debut against the Buccaneers this weekend. (John Keim)
- HC Mike Zimmer said that he’s hopeful TE Kyle Rudolph will be able to return this weekend.
“He … did a little bit everything, more than individual (drills), he did stuff,” said Zimmer, via Brian Murphy of the Pioneer Press. “We’re hopeful but we’ll see as the week goes on.”