Sources tell Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports that 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick did not consider his contract status when deciding to have surgery to repair a complete tear of the labrum in his left shoulder.
This will result in him losing $875,000 in per-game roster bonuses this year.
According to Garafolo, executives around the league think Kaepernick’s guaranteed salary of nearly $12 million is too high for any one to take on.
- Kevin Acee of the Union Tribune writes that it’s time for Chargers HC Mike McCoy to go now that the team is off to a miserable 2-8 start to the 2015 season.
- Meanwhile, Eric D. Williams believes that Chargers chairman Dean Spanos needs to consider the long-term prospects of his franchise on the football field, and suggests that both McCoy and GM Tom Telesco should be on the hot seat.
- According to Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports, Rams HC Jeff Fisher‘s future with the Rams is uncertain now that they could miss the playoffs for the sixth time in as many years.
- Sources have told Garafolo that Fisher was actually the one who pushed for the Nick Foles‘ trade during the offseason.
- It’s also worth noting that Fisher is in the final year of his contract.
- Jeff Zrebiec mentions that the Ravens will likely to bring in a backup quarterback this week following the loss of Joe Flacco to a season-ending ACL tear.
- Zrebiec mentions that the Ravens tried to sign veteran QB Jason Campbell during the offseason, but he elected to remain retired.
- Zrebiec points out that Keith Wenning, who is on Bengals’ practice squad, could be someone of interest for the Ravens, given that he has some familiarity with their offense.
- Another option could be Rex Grossman, according to Zrebiec.