- Alex Marvez of the Sporting News mentions that while he can’t say he’s the front-runner for the 49ers’ GM position, sources have told him that there’s “positive buzz” about Packers player personnel director Brian Gutekunst following his interview with the team.
- Matt Barrows mentions that the news of Josh McDaniels bowing out of the running for the 49ers’ HC job could be a blow to Louis Riddick’s odds of securing the team’s GM position.
Cowboys long-time TE Jason Witten admitted that there’s a shelf life for everyone in the NFL but he still plans to return for the 2017 season.
“I’m in my 14th year, and you know there’s a shelf life for everybody,” Witten said, via Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News. “You put everything you have into it, and when you come up short it’s tough. It’s not about a paycheck. … I’ll take time to reflect on it. I love this team and this group of guys and so, yeah, that will be the plan for sure.”
- ESPN’s Adam Caplan reports that the Eagles are expected to interview Mike Groh for their wide receivers coach opening on Monday.
- Alex Marvez reports that Kennedy Polamalu is expected to be named the Vikings new running backs coach.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Vikings also interviewed RB coaches Marcel Shipp and Skip Peete for their position.