- 49ers GM Trent Baalke today confirmed that QB Colin Kaepernick has resumed throwing following offseason shoulder surgery. (Tom Pelissero)
- Although, Baalke did say that Kaepernick has yet to receive clearance to participate in practice. (Tom Pelissero)
- Alex Marvez reports that the Colts offered Brendan Prophett a similar role to the pro scouting director position he accepted with the Lions.
- A source tells Alex Marvez that the Dolphins are promoting long-time scout Adam Engroff to college scouting director.
- According to Jordan Raanan of NJ.com, the Giants’ offer to CB Jerraud Powers was believed to close to the one-year, $1.75 million contract he signed with the Ravens on Friday.
- Raanan mentions that the Ravens likely offered him a better opportunity overall.
Raiders HC Jack Del Rio mentioned that second-round DL Jihad Ward “looked pretty good” during practice, despite the reports that needed arthroscopic knee surgery and six weeks recovery.
“He looked pretty good, right?” Rio said, via Scott Bair of CSN Bay Area. “Don’t trust all those reports out there. We felt pretty good about our reports. He looked terrific. He’s very athletic. He’s a serious guy, and intelligent guy. We’re excited about him.”
Ward says he’s fully healthy after undergoing surgery during the season to repair a knee injury.
“I was very confident I’d be ready to go,” Ward said. “What happened during the football season required surgery, but I’m completely fine. I was able to run around and practice well. I need to keep doing that every day.”