- Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports that the 49ers are interested in hiring former Raiders interim HC Tony Sparano as the team’s tight ends coach.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Colts have blocked offensive assistant Rob Chudzinski from all of his interview requests.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Colts first notified the NFL about potential under-inflated footballs after S Mike Adams intercepted Tom Brady twice during their regular season game.
- Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey wouldn’t commit to WR Mike Wallace being back with the team next year. (Andrew Abramson)
- Hickey mentioned that “everything is being evaluated.”
Steelers president Art Rooney told reporters on Wednesday that he doesn’t know if the report about the Patriots deflating 11 of 12 game balls last weekend is true, per Ed Bouchette.
However, Rooney did say that the Patriots would be disciplined if the league found that they deflated game balls.
- The Ravens announced the hiring of Marty Mornhinweg as their quarterbacks coach.