- The 49ers have ruled out NT Glenn Dorsey (bicep) for Week 12 against the Redskins. (Associated Press)
Recently signed WR/KR Josh Cribbs made it seem like he expects to see some snaps on offense in the coming weeks.
“I’ll be right behind [Luck saying], ‘You need a break? You need a break?’ [Matt] Hasselbeck might be looking at me like, ‘I’m his break.’ Any time I’m out there, the defense has to prepare for me,” Cribbs said, via ESPN’s Mike Wells. “So, having me here is another element. The coaches are talking about me doing some things on offense to try and add some more elements. If he needs a breather from throwing 300-yard games, I’ll be there to change it up a little bit. It won’t hurt.“
- Wells expects RB Daniel “Boom” Herron to definitely be the Colts’ No. 2 back moving forward.
- Michael DiRocco mentions pass-rushers and help at linebacker as the Jaguars’ top-two offseason needs.
- DiRocco lists Nebraska DE Randy Gregory and Missouri DE Shane Ray as two speculative draft targets for the Jaguars. DiRocco adds that he can see the Jaguars considering a running back late in the draft.
- DiRocco believes the Jaguars should re-sign WR Cecil Shorts, as long as he’ll sign a reasonable contract.
- Despite a poor first year in Jacksonville, DiRocco would not release RB Toby Gerhart given that his contract is actually fairly reasonable and he could provide some insurance at running back.
Rich Cimini mentions that Jets owner Woody Johnson “would owe it to the franchise and the fan base” to explore the idea of bringing in Jim Harbaugh as their next head coach in the event they part ways with Rex Ryan.
- Cimini believes finding upgrades at cornerback will be the Jets “top priority” during the offseason.
- Cimini writes that barring strong finishes from RB Chris Johnson, OLB Calvin Pace and OLB Jason Babin, all three of these players are unlikely to be back for another season.
- Percy Harvin is another player who could use a strong finish to the 2014 season as the Jets will have a decision to make regarding his $10.5 million salary for 2015 season.
- According to Cimini, the Jets would like to sign ILB David Harris to an extension next year.