- Tim Kawakami, citing multiple sources, reports that the 49ers informed former HC Jim Harbaugh that he wouldn’t be returning as the team’s head coach after their December 14 loss in Seattle.
- According to Kawakami, Harbaugh then had to decide if he wanted to remain in the NFL or take the University of Michigan position.
- Chris Carter mentioned that he doesn’t think his son, Duron, has officially signed with the Colts yet, but is excited to get it finalized. (Conor Orr)
“They haven’t done anything yet, so I think that’s still a rumor,” Carter said, per Orr.
- Patriots C Bryan Stork (knee) has been upgraded to probable for the Super Bowl.
- Seahawks S Kam Chancellor (probable, knee) was able to participate in Saturday’s walkthrough.
- HC Pete Carroll said that Chancellor “remarkably looked great today.” (John Boyle)