Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: 49ers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Panthers & Steelers
NFL Notes: 49ers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Panthers & Steelers
- Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee writes that the 49ers could use someone like Eagles RB Darren Sproles, who has been the subject of trade rumors this offseason.
- Sproles would give San Francisco a kick- and punt-returner as well as a solid third-down back.
- Even so, Barrows mentions there are some concerns regarding the idea of the 49ers trading for Sproles such as the fact that he’s in the final year of his contract and the Eagles may be reluctant to trade him to their former head coach.
- According to Todd Archer, the Cowboys have hired Brian Adams, who previously worked for the Saints, Panthers, and Browns, as a scout.
- Dolphins VP of football operations Mike Tannenbaum said he isn’t concerned about the report that first-round OT Laremy Tunsil has a “pre-arthritic” ankle: “None. He’s full go. He’s fine. We never had a concern about his ankle.” (Miami Herald)
- In regards to suspended DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Tannebaum said: “It’s something we don’t have much to share. Once he’s reinstated, he will be a member of the team and we’ll go from there… We’re still waiting on the league. I don’t think there’s anything imminent.” (Miami Herald)
- Jeremy Fowler reports that Steelers S Mike Mitchell is expected to be cleared from shoulder surgery for the start of training camp.
Tags Brian Adams Darren Sproles Dion Jordan Eric Stokes Joel Patten Laremy Tunsil Mike Mitchell Mike Tannenbaum